Besuchen Sie die Website der IG Ascleps www.ig-ascleps.com
  Asclepius
Das Diskussionsforum der IG Ascleps
Tausche Deine Gedanken und Erfahrungen mit anderen Ascleps-Liebhaber/innen aus!

Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Orbea ?

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite: 1, 2
Autor Beitrag
Francesco49
Stammgast

New PostErstellt: 26.10.09, 12:46  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: lapis
    thanks - much better photos now.
Thanks
I used the name on the label (the plant is from Spain).

I think it is an unidentified plant like this one:

http://www.asclepidarium.de/images/Gro%C3%9F/Orbea/Orbea%20woodii%201.JPG
and similar
http://www.asclepidarium.de/Fotoausstellung.htm

[editiert: 26.10.09, 12:50 von Francesco49]
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
lapis
Dauerschreiber

New PostErstellt: 26.10.09, 13:04  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ah, yes ... very similar! mrs. hübner named the photo file orbea woodii, you see? this is of course an existing name, but the flowers aren't 100% identically.

orbea paradoxa is also an existing name, but "orbea paradoxa ssp. woodii" seems to be fantasy ... the flowers look very different from paradoxa, too.

your flower looks a little bit like woodii and semota. i'd call her "orbea spec. aff. woodi".

Francesco49
Stammgast

New PostErstellt: 26.10.09, 13:33  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ah, yes ... very similar! mrs. hübner named the photo file orbea woodii, you see? this is of course an existing name, but the flowers aren't 100% identically.

orbea paradoxa is also an existing name, but "orbea paradoxa ssp. woodii" seems to be fantasy ... the flowers look very different from paradoxa, too.

your flower looks a little bit like woodii and semota. i'd call her "orbea spec. aff. woodi".
I think that Orbea sp. (2nd clone) in almost identical!

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/Francesco1949/Asclepiads/
_Kasia_
Vielschreiber

New PostErstellt: 27.10.09, 10:08  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Oh... my Orbea semitubiflora (first bloom today) seems to be identical with this unidetified plant... :-/

Well, surprise, surprise!! Interesting how plants "migrate"... I'm quite convinced that I have the same clone as is shown in the Asclepiad-Gallery...

Greets, Kasia

[editiert: 27.10.09, 10:57 von _Kasia_]

Dateianlagen:

O_spec_woodii03_klein.jpg (145 kByte, 620 x 800 Pixel)
Anzeige optimiert für beste Darstellung.
Großansicht - speichern

O_spec_woodii02_klein.jpg (143 kByte, 800 x 765 Pixel)
Anzeige optimiert für beste Darstellung.
Großansicht - speichern

Hoyningen

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 27.10.09, 15:46  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi Francesco, Kasia,

no idea what you got there. As far as I can tell the name paradoxa ssp woodii does not exist. And paradoxa looks quite different, so even an ssp. should not be so far away in structure. And it is not woodii, that is different again (at least what I saw is different from lapis pictures).

Kasia, this is certainly not Orbea semitubifora, the name alone means "short tube flower" and it is not tubular. I agree it looks very much like Francesco's. But what is it? It seems to belong into the neighbourhood of semota. Colour, fringe of hairs, all that fits. Are you sure whoever gave you this didn´t confuse semota and semitubiflora?

But semota's corona is different, in particular it is exposed on a central bulge whereas yours lies in a dell, like variegata. Your corona also seems to show the two-prong-fork of variegata, Francesco's more so than Kasia's. So perhaps a hybrid semota x variegata? But thats only a guess!!

Grüße, Volker
Francesco49
Stammgast

New PostErstellt: 27.10.09, 16:10  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: Hoyningen
    Hi Francesco, Kasia,no idea what you got there.
Hi Hoyningen,Kasia
I took it from Spain
    As far as I can tell the name paradoxa ssp woodii does not exist..
    And paradoxa looks quite different, so even an ssp. should not be so far away in structure. And it is not woodii, that is different again (at least what I saw is different from lapis pictures).
You are right!
    Kasia, this is certainly not Orbea semitubifora, the name alone means "short tube flower" and it is not tubular. I agree it looks very much like Francesco's. But what is it? It seems to belong into the neighbourhood of semota. Colour, fringe of hairs, all that fits. Are you sure whoever gave you this didn´t confuse semota and semitubiflora?
    But semota's corona is different, in particular it is exposed on a central bulge whereas yours lies in a dell, like variegata. Your corona also seems to show the two-prong-fork of variegata, Francesco's more so than Kasia's. So perhaps a hybrid semota x variegata? But thats only a guess!!
You are right!
I wrote that my plant (and now) Kasia's plant are almost identical to the 2nd clone of this one:
http://www.asclepidarium.de/images/Gro%C3%9F/Orbea/Orbea%20woodii%20%28FH07,098%29%20003.JPG
Named Orbea sp (Dr. Friederike Hübner)

lapis
Dauerschreiber

New PostErstellt: 27.10.09, 16:53  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

resuming this, possible names could be
  • o. spec.
  • o. spec. nov.
  • o. spec. aff. semota
  • o. spec. aff. woodii
  • o. x semota
but of course not "paradoxa ssp woodii". francesco, if you agree i'd suggest to edit the threads theme.

_Kasia_
Vielschreiber

New PostErstellt: 27.10.09, 17:33  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

@ Hoyningen: Yes, I know it's NOT a semitubiflora. ;-) And not ANY other Orbea I looked up... Very interesting. Maybe it is a hybrid, or maybe a new species. I will l check from where i got it, but I'm quite shure it was a relyable source (normaly). The bigger the surprise! ;-)

The only thing that's shure: I like it! :-)

Kasia

Francesco49
Stammgast

New PostErstellt: 27.10.09, 19:00  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

.... francesco, if you agree i'd suggest to edit the threads theme.
A very good idea!

Hoyningen

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 28.10.09, 10:48  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi Kasia,

judging by Francesco's link

http://www.asclepidarium.de/images/Gro%C3%9F/Orbea/Orbea%20woodii%20%28FH07,098%29%20003.JPG

I guess I know your reliable source. And there under the picture it only says Orbea sp. The picture's file however is labelled Orbea woodii, but I think they only didn´t rename that picture after they realised it was NOT woodii. Anyway the Orbea woodii which you find a bit further down on their website has a rather different corona and is in agreement with other pictures on the web.

I think we have to be content with Orbea sp. for the time being. And we still can't exclude a hybrid. And yes, I like it too!

Regards, Volker

[editiert: 28.10.09, 10:50 von Hoyningen]
Friederike Hübner
Vielschreiber

New PostErstellt: 29.10.09, 15:50  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Dear Francesco,

Volker is right - I bought the same plant as you in Spain und the same name.
Last year I ask all those stapeliad fellows in the yahoo stapeliad group - and they didn't identfy the plant. I would agree with Iztok that the plant is a hybrid - but a nice one. We both have now idea about the parents.

with my best wishes

Friederike

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Francesco49
Stammgast

New PostErstellt: 29.10.09, 19:19  Betreff: Re: Orbea paradoxa ssp woodii  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi to all,

We have not identified the plant (and we don't know the parents if it is an hybrid)....but I have had one of the most interesting discussion of this year!
Many thanks to all.

Francesco

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite: 1, 2
Seite 2 von 2
Gehe zu:   
Search