Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Vao
SUPERBANANE

New PostErstellt: 05.01.07, 19:38     Betreff: Jenkins über den fehlenden Verräter

Just wanted to clarify something.

It seems a number of people are frustrated that the Traitor in Frontlines was not revealed in issue #10, as per the solicitation. I think the solicitation was unintentionally a little misleading, and that should be explained here.

Originally, the book was supposed to run for 10 issues. My editors and I had provided Marvel's solicitation department with all of the information they'd need to sell the book. As you all know, at a certain point the main Civil War book was hit with delays and we all went back and examined how this event was going. I know Marvel had expected a good reaction to these books but I'm pretty sure it was bigger than anyone could have predicted. So we decided to add a few books.

In my case, after talking it through with Joe Q. and my editors, Tom Brevoort and Molly Lazer, it was decided that we should extend Frontlines to eleven issues. One reason was that my final story would definitely have to follow Civil War #7, and that book was going to take longer to see print. We needed certain books to hit in certain gaps... Frontlines #10 would have to hit at the same time as Civil War #6, for instance, because the same event was described in both issues.

Now the one thing I did not remember to do was alert the solicitation people in Marvel's sales department. This is entirely my fault. They had no idea that the content of issue #10 was going to be moved on to issue #11. When it came time to solicit, they simply used the same information they had been given earlier. I hope you'll understand that this mistake that came about because of my workload -- in total, I have written 365 pages for Civil War in a little under eight months.

So the traitor is actually revealed in issue #11. My fault. I apologize.

Since I'm here, you're welcome to address any questions and comments to this thread. I will do my best to answer or comment. The Civil War event has stirred a lot of interesting debates, and I'm not surprised that the Speedball/Penance thing has created a bit of a storm.

There may be things that you like and -- judging by some posts I have seen -- some things that you don't like. Feel free to bring up anything you want. I honestly welcome criticism of any kind but I ask only that you be civil when you have a negative point to make.

Best

Paul J

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 4.767 von 5.243
Gehe zu:   
Search