LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Von Miller concurs with his coaches that he

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
panxing18
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.09.19, 04:44  Betreff: Von Miller concurs with his coaches that he  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

needs to make more plays Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys 2019 , not that he needs to play more.The Broncos (2-2) haven't had a takeaway since the season opener, and the fulcrum of Denver's defense said the solution is simple: "I've got to get some sacks."Miller said if he can get to the quarterback like he did in the opener, when he dumped Russell Wilson three times, he can either force a fumble or a bad throw."I've got to play better. I've got to do better," Miller said. "... We've got some big-time games coming up and I've got to be big in those."Miller, who leads the Broncos into the Meadowlands to face the Jets (1-3) on Sunday, has seen his playing time dip by about 10 percent this season.He's missed more than a quarter of Denver's defensive snaps as his coaches aim to rotate Miller and rookie Bradley Chubb, the fifth overall pick in the 2018 draft, with Shaq Barrett and former first-round pick Shane Ray."If you want me to, I can play the whole game," cracked Miller, who has only done that twice in his eight-year career, against Cincinnati last season and at New Orleans the year before."I mean, it's just different this year . It's not me and DeMarcus (Ware) and the no-game guys behind us anymore," Miller said. "It's not like that. We've got big-time players between me, Chubb, Shaq and Shane."It's just tough. You have to find ways to get Shaq and Shane in there. I have to find ways to get on the field during crunch time and in the clutch, which I am in there Khalen Saunders black jersey , usually."Miller said this formula will keep all four pass rushers fresh and fit for the long haul."We just have a special situation here. We've got four great pass rushers and it would be a total injustice to have Shaq and Shane on the bench," Miller said.Miller has played 74.2 percent of the snaps this season. That's a significant drop from the 84.2 percent clip he's played over his previous six seasons (not counting the games he missed in 2013), and at that rate, would work out to the lowest percentage of his career.It wouldn't be too far from the 76.2 percent of snaps Miller played in 2015 when he led the Broncos to a Super Bowl win, however. That year, he was at his best in the playoffs, pulverizing Tom Brady in the AFC championship and Cam Newton in the Super Bowl.Miller's highest percentage of plays came in 2013 after he returned from a six-game suspension to start the season and logged 92.6 percent of the snaps before a knee injury sidelined him and forced him to miss that year's Super Bowl.Miller's heavy workload and weight gain that year may have contributed to his injury, and both his physique and playing time have slimmed down since.He's averaged 880 snaps a year since his knee injury in 2013 after logging a career-high 962 snaps the year before he got hurt. He's on pace for 808 snaps this season.Statistically speaking, Miller has been quiet since racking up four sacks in the first two weeks of the season."It's a tough league and the sacks, they definitely come in bunches," Miller said. "I mean, I started the season off with three sacks and I'm like, 'Man, I'm going to get 45 sacks this season. It's going to be easy. And next game, I get two sacks and get one taken away and I'm like, 'Man, that would have been five sacks in two games."He's been held without a sack the last two weeks, both losses Khalen Saunders Jersey Mens , including a 27-23 heartbreaker against Kansas City on Monday night in which Miller had just one tackle and couldn't bring down Patrick Mahomes, who switched the football to his left hand , then shot-putted it to Tyreek Hill with Miller dragging him down for a key first down on the Chiefs' game-winning drive .This week, Broncos coach Vance Joseph called out his coaching staff and his star players 鈥?although not by name 鈥?to do better after Denver cratered in crunch time against Kansas City."There weren't enough sacks on the quarterback," Joseph said. "We made maybe two plays on the ball the entire night. We need more. We need more from our main guys on both sides of the ball."When those comments were relayed to him, Miller showed he's not overly stressed about his sack slowdown."I mean, in my heart I feel like, you know, my mom always told me since I was a little boy that I was her star," Miller said. "And I just try to go out there and be the best player I possibly can be." The Chiefs see the seventh-rounder as a potential starter."Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid is working the team’s 2019 seventh-round pick, interior offensive lineman Nick Allegretti, at center during rookie minicamp.Allegretti, 23, stands at 6 feet 4 and 320 pounds, and as Reid described Saturday, is “dirty tough.”“I love playing football,” Allegretti said when asked about Reid’s compliment. “I think there is a way you’re supposed to play football, a way you’re supposed to play O-line—physical. You want to put people on the ground Khalen Saunders Jersey nfl draft , and that’s just how I was coached, how I was brought up, so I think that’s what he sees and that’s what he’ll continue to see.”After being picked by the Chiefs, Allegretti explained that he is a “different guy” in that he likes things like puzzles and Rubik’s cubes and is a coin collector. Allegretti said he did a puzzle in an attempt to distract himself on day three of the NFL Draft, and Reid mentioned Allegretti scored high on the pre-draft Wonderlic test.He comes off as mild-mannered and friendly, but that changes as soon as he steps on the football field.“My biggest thing—my coach actually at Illinois, Luke Butkus, taught me is that the guy across from you, especially in this league is trying to take your job,” Allegretti said. “[He’s] trying to take my dream away from me, what I’ve worked for my whole life, so just kind of take that as an insult and use that as energy.”Chiefs general manager Brett Veach has said that he believes Allegretti will compete for a starting spot on the offensive line.“He had a chance to go to the East-West (Shrine) game and he actually played guard and center there,” Veach said. “His center tape was really what kind of caught our eye. You guys know how we feel about guys who have versatility. This is a guy that played guard in the Big Ten, did a really good job. Goes to the East-West game, plays guard, plays a little center and then all of the sudden you watch the East-West game and watch him log game snaps at center, and he looked really good at doing that.”“I was always our backup center,” Allegretti Eric Murray Jersey , who started 20 games at guard over his last two years at Illinois, said. “Played six or seven games (at center) in college and then was the number two (center) all four years.”With Mitch Morse leaving in free agency for the Buffalo Bills, the center position battle is one to watch this offseason and training camp. It’s worth noting Morse started 15 games at center for the Chiefs as a rookie.Fourth-year offensive lineman Austin Reiter, who started four games at center for the Chiefs last year when Morse was out, will get first consideration, but Allegretti and Jimmy Murray should provide real competition.Chiefs area scout Terry Delp explained after the draft that a transition to center requires athletic ability, strong mental makeup, leadership skills and confidence. In Delp’s mind, Allegretti checked all the boxes.“His intelligence, he’s a natural leader, he’s a leader of the O-line room, the guys gravitate toward him, so there’s no question there,” Delp said of Allegretti. “It was easy for me because you get to see him do it.”

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search