BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Begonienforum Schiefblatt

begonia amphioxus

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
lottis

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 13.03.16, 09:55  Betreff: begonia amphioxus  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen

wish to receive tips how to get this kind to survive.
Have tried several times in the aquarium, terrarium, but the die for me

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Dragon wing

New PostErstellt: 13.03.16, 10:19  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Sorry, I have only tips to make them dead.

Grüßle
castevet

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 14.03.16, 13:48  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hello,

keep them in fibrous soil, with little limestone or eggshell (crushed), but keep the soil slightly acid.
Temperatures should be 18 to 30°C best around 22°C.
Light: Bright but no sun.
Never let the soil run completely dry, but do not let it get soggy.
And, nevertheless, high atmospheric humidity is good, but the plant needs fresh air too.

Holger

[editiert: 14.03.16, 13:48 von castevet]
lottis

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 14.03.16, 21:09  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

thank you so much for all good information...Thanks..

Crazy_Begonia

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 15.03.16, 12:21  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

how hard is your tap water? (mine is apx. 40fh)
for most begonias I use water from the dehumidifyer (equivalent to distilled water), but for some I mix 1:1 with tap water.

lottis

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 17.03.16, 20:06  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

I am not sure on my water Ph but a freind told me this species want to have more dried then wet,only little damp he told me.I think my compost have been to much damp..
thanks to all,,very good tips Holger...thanks.

Crazy_Begonia

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 17.03.16, 21:32  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hard water contains more minerals than soft water.
This doesn't necessarily mean that soft water is acidic, but when you add the same amount of acid to the same quantity of water, the soft water will become more acidic than the hard one.

Watering your acid loving plants with untreated hard water will eventually kill the plant. Watering your limestone loving plant with very soft water may be fatal as well.

With my very hard water i will never have difficulties to satisfy the plants' needs for calcium :)
But it also means that i have to take the maximum dosage of water softener to wash my laundry. And last but not least, my tap water is not suitable for my begonias undiluted/untreated.

Begonia

New PostErstellt: 18.03.16, 08:26  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

B. amphioxus is not an acid loving plant. It occurs on limestone hills on Borneo. It needs some lime pieces in its substrate. As many other Bornean species.

There are a thousand ways to kill a plant. One of the most successful is to keep plants of the tropics here at low temperatures too wet.

Zitat: Crazy_Begonia
    Hard water contains more minerals than soft water.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that soft water is acidic, but when you add the same amount of acid to the same quantity of water, the soft water will become more acidic than the hard one.

Watering your acid loving plants with untreated hard water will eventually kill the plant. Watering your limestone loving plant with very soft water may be fatal as well.

With my very hard water i will never have difficulties to satisfy the plants' needs for calcium :)
    But it also means that i have to take the maximum dosage of water softener to wash my laundry. And last but not least, my tap water is not suitable for my begonias undiluted/untreated.

Peter

[editiert: 18.03.16, 08:32 von Begonia]
Crazy_Begonia

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 18.03.16, 11:52  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Of course I am aware that there are many ways how to kill a plant.

My point was not so much on the causes of death, but to explain what hard/soft water means and what the consequences of using either one for some purposes are.

[editiert: 18.03.16, 11:52 von Crazy_Begonia]
lottis

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 19.03.16, 09:19  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

What do you think about growing part of begonias in orchid substrates.
I read that the pH was 6.8, it is of high value in a terrarium?

Dragon wing

New PostErstellt: 12.07.21, 18:45  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Die hab ich einfach als Mini Pflanze  in einer Gärtnerei gefunden.  Ich versuch mein Glück und um zu viel Trockenheit zu verhindern,  stell ich sie in Seramis. 

Grüßle

Dateianlagen:

20210712_183724.jpg (481 kByte, 1.019 x 1.206 Pixel)
Anzeige optimiert für beste Darstellung.
Großansicht - speichern

Crazy_Begonia

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 12.07.21, 18:46  Betreff: Re: begonia amphioxus  drucken  weiterempfehlen

viel Glück 

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search